US Mobile App Market Statistics 2023 for Android
The United States is one of the most lucrative app markets in the world. Today, Americans continue to drive mobile app innovation with several of the most used and downloaded apps worldwide.
In this article, we provide a number of detailed app statistics and insights from the US Android app market. We cover a number of topics, including how many American app publishers are active on Google Play, how many apps they have released, and how American apps have performed compared to the global average. The data is aggregated based on address, meaning only app publishers with valid American addresses listed on Google Play have been considered.
App Market Overview: American Mobile Apps on Google Play
App Ratings: American Mobile Apps
Apps Versus Games: United States
How Do American Mobile App Developers Monetize their Apps?
American mobile App publishers monetize their apps in the following ways:
- 7% of Apps must be purchased.
- 25% leverage mobile advertising.
- 11% have in-app purchases.
Globally, however, mobile App publishers monetize their apps like so:
- 3% of Apps must be purchased.
- 35% leverage mobile advertising.
- 4% have in-app purchases.
How Many American Mobile Apps Are Available on Both iOS and Android?
The Most Popular SDKs and Android App Permissions
Top American Mobile App Developers Based on Downloads
Most Popular Mobile Apps: United States
- Most Popular Mobile Apps: United States
- Top Grossing Mobile Apps: United States
- Most Popular Social Apps: United States
- Most Popular News Apps: United States
- Most Popular Travel Apps: United States
- Most Popular Shopping Apps: United States
- Most Popular Lifestyle Apps: United States
- Most Popular Business Apps: United States
Get Even More Mobile App Market Intelligence!
The 42matters Explorer enables you to browse the global app market, with insight into publisher details, app metadata, performance metrics, technical insights, and more.
Our suite of APIs, file dumps, and other app and SDK intelligence tools can help you dig even deeper, with intelligence compiled from 12 leading mobile and connected TV (CTV) app stores, including Google Play, the Apple App Store, Amazon Appstore, Huawei AppGallery, Tencent App Store, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Google TV, Samsung Smart TV Apps, the LG Content Store, and Vizio SmartCast Apps.
To learn more, set up a demo with our app market experts!